'We make boating fun'
t:01489 588977
RYA Training Centre MCA PCA

How do I get an ICC?

Boating Knowledge
International Certificate

A question that we get asked on a regular basis is ‘How do I get and ICC?’

Lots of people choose to go abroad for their holidays and want to hire a boat. Most countries now ask for a minimum of an International Certificate of Competence (ICC) to allow you to hire a vessel. To work out what you need depending on the size of boat, please read the following:

To obtain an ICC up to 10 metres:

Minimum requirement of RYA Powerboat Level 2 – £275 – Click here for course details.

To obtain an ICC for 10-24 metres:

Minimum requirement of:

RYA Day Skipper Practical – £875 – Click here for course details.

To help with the training we recommend:

RYA Day Skipper Theory, Classroom – £350 – Click here for course details.
RYA Day Skipper Theory, Online – £295 – Click here for course details.

Both of these practical Power and Motor courses are accepted by the RYA as proof of competence for the ICC Certification, which they issue and charge for (£43 or FREE to RYA members).

Recommended for both options above

RYA VHF Radio Online Course – £59 – Click here for course details. This is an online course with a small online test at the end. Then when ready to take your classroom assessment you will need to book a slot at an RYA Training Centre and the cost is £60 payable to the RYA for issue of your license.

If you need anymore information please contact us here or call 01489 588977.

Please recommend us if you found this article helpful: